This month's newsletter will focus on sport tourism as an important building block for increased visitation and expenditures and the important tourism benefits beyond the rights holders. The global sports tourism market is rapidly gaining traction over the recent years and is expected to register robust revenue growth in the near future. Only in Canada, the sports tourism industry is nowadays valued at $7.4 billion.
• FedDev Ontario Launches New Tourism Relief Fund
• How Sports Tourism is Boosting Local Economies
• Sports Tourism Trends for 2022 the New World
This month’s newsletter will focus on why destination intelligence matters and how tourism partners can utilize data to deliver a targeted experience to visitors. Big data and advances in computing power have transformed the world’s biggest industries, and tourism is no exception. Data analytics has become the strategy of choice for organizations of any size looking to secure competitive differentiation and seek out new revenue opportunities.
• The Importance of Destination Intelligence
• How Can Tourism Partners Leverage Data to Deliver a Targeted Experience to Visitors?
• Ontario Strengthening Entertainment Industry in the North
• Ontario Investing an Additional $90 Million into Skills Development Fund
This month’s newsletter will focus on the continued need for frictionless travel and how tourism partners can provide visitors with a worry-free experience.
During COVID-19, travellers faced an unprecedented level of disruption across most touchpoints of their travel experience, while the current travel demand increase combined with severe labour shortages are not contributing towards a smooth trip. However, all players in the tourism ecosystem are doubling efforts to enable easy travel.
• Key Trends Shaping the Future of Canada’s Tourism Industry
• Destination Canada’s Resident Sentiment Report
• The Difference Between Touchless and Frictionless Travel
• 5 Unique Ways to Experience Indigenous Culture in Canada
This summer edition of our newsletter will focus on the increased demand for experiences that demonstrate action on reducing the impacts of tourism and how tourism partners can play their part, as well as understanding the renewed importance of Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, and Exhibitions (MICE) for the local tourism economy.
• RTO 9 Tourism Summit
• How Are Destinations Attracting MICE Travel Post-COVID?
• Top Inbound Tourism Markets Snapshot
• Canada’s Tourism Renaissance: New National Strategy for Recovery
This month’s newsletter, in timing with National Indigenous Peoples Day (June 21), is about the power of Indigenous Tourism and how it can support Truth and Reconciliation.
• US Sentiment for Travel to Canada
• South Eastern Ontario Consumer Insight Research Wave 2
• Rising Gas Prices Impacts on Spring/Summer Travel Season
• ACTA Calls for Help to Address Travel Delays
• Virtuoso Lists Canada in the Top 10 Destinations for US Travellers in 2022
This month’s newsletter is about labour and workforce development.
• Tourism HR Canada Monthly Tourism Snapshot
• Tourism Workforce Recovery Toolkit
• Federal Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Program
This month’s newsletter is about leveraging partnering and packaging to respond to key market trends and to be ready for the upcoming travel season.
• 6 Steps for Tourism Businesses To Create Great Travel Packages
• Upcoming Application for Seats on the RTO 9 Board of Directors
• Featured Operators & Destinations on Packages & Itinerary Building
This month’s newsletter is about inspiration for women in travel and female travel trends that you need to know.
• Solo Female Travel on The Rise
• Understanding Fair Pay
• Meet The Women Making The Outdoors More Accessible To All
• The Power Of Women In Travel
In this newsletter, you will find links to Destination Ontario Presents Webinars: Know Your Target Audiences by Tourism Product, Sessions 1 & 2 as well as information on the Culinary Tourism Alliance Launches Brand New - Free - Online Training Program In Partnership With OTEC and links to recordings from Destination Canada - Key Trends Shaping the Future of Canada's Tourism Industry.Download Newsletter
In this month’s newsletter, we explore consumer brand perception and travel intention research conducted by Twenty31 Consulting, provide a link to the Tourism Economic Recovery Ministerial Task Force Report with 10 key recommendations, as well as information on Ontario moving into Step Two of the Roadmap to reopening.Download Newsletter
NEW Partnership Fund Program
Due to the cancellation of some projects in the 2020-2021 Partnership Fund, we are opening a second application window for funding. This application is specific and is designed to assist in promoting itinerary projects that include more than one tourism operator, through a social media marketing campaign. These funds will not be available for product or event development.
It's the must-attend tourism summit for South Eastern Ontario that you can be part of... online! Take a step back from your usual routine, and join us for a day of information and discoveries to help build a strong future for tourism.Download Newsletter
RTO 9, the leading strategic partner to sustainably develop and manage tourism in South Eastern Ontario has formally launched its Immediate Action Plan and Interim Strategy designed to support local destinations and SMEs rebuild tourism this summer and fall.
Developed with the advice of tourism management firm Twenty31 Consulting using a scenario-based framework, the Action Plan and Interim Strategy includes a number of specific initiatives including training, communications, itinerary development and, marketing.Download Newsletter
We have been busy these past couple of weeks with back-to-back webinars! We chatted with marketing and tourism experts on topics such as, Providing Traveller Value, Reputation Management, and Attracting Tourist Through Partnerships and Itineraries. Please feel free to pass these along to any colleagues who may be interested!Download Newsletter
Tourism Champions, Operators, & Local Business Owners; We Need Your Help
We're looking for locals to share with us their favourite places and things to do in South Eastern Ontario!Download Newsletter
The COVID-19 pandemic has been the most difficult challenge we have faced together. As we navigate through these uncertain times, we hope to provide content that not only answers your questions but inspires you to keep moving forward.Download Newsletter
In this newsletter, you will find information on Engaging Customers During COVID19, Stage 1 Of Framework To Re-Open Province as well as information on Future Skills Centre & OTEC Announce Rapid Response Project For Hard-Hit Tourism & Hospitality Workers.Download Newsletter
During this uncertain time, we at RTO9 are working hard to ensure the voice of Tourism in South Eastern Ontario is well communicated to our industry leaders and shareholders. Please listen to what our board Chair has to say.Download Nwsletter
Over the last few weeks, our most rewarding conversations have been with our DMO's, operators, and travel marketers! Stories and examples from others within this industry are incredibly valuable right now. Find out more.Download Newsletter
In this newsletter, you will find webinars on Pivoting Your Business To Serve the Covid-19 Economy, React. Rethink. Recover as well as information on Federal & Provincial government updates.Download Newsletter