How To Best Leverage Your DMO & RTO9 To Benefit Your Tourism Business
If you’re a tourism business within RTO9, your first point of contact is with your Destination Marketing Organization (DMO). Destination Marketing Organizations and Destination Marketing Programs market their respective regions as tourism destinations to bring visitors to their destination. RTO 9 markets the South Eastern Ontario region as a tourism destination to bring visitors to.
It’s really important that you work directly with your DMO and RTO. We both need to know about your product and experiences to help you market it. If we don’t know about it, then, you might be missing out on opportunities!
Find out who your DMO is in South Eastern Ontario.
Here are some ways you can leverage your DMO & RTO9
- Get familiar with your DMO and RTO about their marketing pillars – the more you can align your content with what they are promoting, the more likely they will talk about you.
- Meet with your DMO about your events and new tourism products. When the DMO includes your event on their events calendar or features your business, it allows RTO9 to find and promote it.
- Attend training sessions and stakeholder events – the better we know you and what you’re up to, the better able we’ll be to identify opportunities to promote you in the region’s marketing strategy. It also allows you to gain a better sense of where the organization is going, how you can work with us, and find opportunities to partner with or learn from fellow tourism operators.
- Have a website, or at the very least an active social media page so that your DMO and RTO9 has a place to direct people to.
- Make sure you give lots of lead time – social media content calendars are planned in advance, and if the information is available early, they’re more likely to be able to work it into their calendars and pass the info to RTO9.
- Use the appropriate mentions and tags in your posts – This allows the various organizations to find your stuff, so they can promote it.
- Remember that we can’t share everything you do. But if you consistently engage with us and provide great content that aligns with the region’s marketing, it makes it so much easier to leverage your tourism product!
Here are our social accounts to mention when engaging with our consumer brand, South Eastern Ontario.
Facebook @South Eastern Ontario – Mention us in your captions.
Instagram @southeast.ontario – Tag us in your post, Mention us in the caption, & use our hashtag #SouthEasternOntario.
Twitter @southeast_ontario –Tag us in your post, Mention us in the caption, & use our hashtag #SouthEasternOntario.
Visit our About Us page and our Welcome Kit for more information on how the RTO9 fits into the broader hierarchy of tourism organizations.